My humble quest to build La Petite Maison!

Friday, August 17, 2012

Bubble Plans

Alright! I am ready to rock and roll! Today was the first official day that I got serious about building my house.

I just made my plan of attack, and now I'm getting started. The first thing I did was to find my needs: find out who is going to be at my house(me, my mother, my father, and my friends) and what their needs are(for me, a place for reading, sun, and a kitchen; for my parents, a place to hangout and talk with me; for my friends, a place to hangout with a screen of some sort to watch movies with my friends. All of this will somehow make its way into my 6' by 16' tiny house; maybe each space will have a totally separate use along with those listed above.


Next I had to draw my bubble plan! To make my bubble plan I drew how I thought I might like my home to be laid out; I drew my kitchen as a bubble in the back of the house; obviously the kitchen will not be a bubble in the final product, but... I like the idea of it being in the back of the house. This is how it went for the ENTIRE HOUSE(which really wasn't that much of a house :P); I drew a plan for the bottom and the top, which I might add that while doing the top floor was a piece of cake, the bottom floor took time and effort; look at the comparison:

     The Bottom:


                                   The Top:

























And of course, you have to have a snack when you're hard at work... building a house:






Next step: Use case scenarios and space planning!

1 comment:

  1. Kudos! You're off to a great start, and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete