My humble quest to build La Petite Maison!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My Free Workshop

Exciting news! On Monday November 19th I went to visit Andrew Odom of Tiny r(E)volution and see his (not so) tiny house. The reason I say not so tiny is because his home will be the size of two of my trailers back to back...not so tiny.

On our drive there we came across the funniest road sign:

 
(Bucksnort Road, and yes this is a real road)


I had a wonderful day with him, his little girl, Tilly and his wife Crystal. We (meaning the Odoms and my mother and me) talked and chatted about his tiny house, and I got some questions answered that otherwise might not have. Andrew answered my questions about water, plumbing, and electricity.

\
 
(Andrew's little girl Tilly)
 


Andrew showed me his tiny house binder, his manifesto and an unbelievable 23in. fan. It was such a cute fan; its blades were not even the length of my forearm, but apparently they do the job pretty well; they aren't supposed to cool you off, just move the air around for circulation.

All around it was a fun trip and I got so much knowledge out of that I think my mind went into over drive just thinking about it.

To end this blog, I want to say what I am thankful for: my family (I could do none of this without them), my softball team/my second family (they are always good for cheering me up when I am down)chocolate...it will always be there for me, yes, I am thankful for chocolate.

 
(Andrew and I)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastically brilliant young woman you are! You must have some pretty wonderful parents as well to have raised such a cool kid. Seriously, you are truly an inspiration to me. I'm en route to building a tiny house within the next two years, and though I am so excited and eager, I am also equally terrified for such a drastic lifestyle change. Thank you for such a beautifully written blog. I plan on following your story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara, I was a little nervous, too! Thank you for your support. Where do you live? maybe we could get together and see each other's homes!

    ReplyDelete